Happy Thanksgiving week, book people! If you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving, HAPPY WEEK IN GENERAL! It’s time for stuffing, mashed potatoes, and gravy. Oh, and being thankful! The theme for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl, is a freebie so I went with Top Ten Authors I Want to Say Thank You To. One thing I’m intensely thankful for is books and the people that create them. Giving words to the world is a terrifying thing and whenever I think about meeting authors of my favorite books the only thing I want to say to them is “Thank you for giving me these words and these worlds.”
- Patrick Rothfuss – I need to thank that man for The Name of the Wind and The Wise Man’s Fear. From the first time I read these books, so many years ago, all I’ve wanted to do is thank him for creating these characters and writing these stories. They have brought me such pain and joy and I loved every moment of them.
- Tamora Pierce – She gave the world some serious kick ass female characters in YA before kick ass females were the norm. And for that she should be thanked.
- Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff – For serious snark and reviving my love of sci-fi stories.
- Brandon Sanderson – This man builds the most wonderous and dangerous worlds and I have loved every moment exploring them.
- Clarie Luana – The Confectioner’s Guild is one of my favorite reads of the year. I spent the whole time reading it with a smile on my face and that is what reading should be.
- Holly Black – For writing deliciously dark faerie tales that helped me escape some truly terrible times in my 20s.
- LJ Smith – Every one of Smith’s books was a friend to me in high school.
- Leigh Bardugo – For giving me such good character studies and wonderfully dark worlds to traverse.
- Pierce Brown – The Red Rising saga is equal parts ridiculous, amazing, intense, unique, and wonderful. Reading them has taken me on such a wild ride and my reading life would be much duller without them.
- JK Rowling – For everything.
Who are some author’s you want to say thank you to?