Well, bookish peoples, we have completed the first month of 2019. WHAT IN THE ACTUAL HECK? HOW IS TIME DOING THIS? *cough* Okay, I’m good now.
I’ve always been bad at keeping track of my book reading and buying, so I’ve never been one for monthly wrap ups, hauls, and TBRs. But this year I am trying to be more mindful of my consumption of books. So, welcome to my first attempt at a wrap up/haul/TBR on this little blog of mine.
January Wrap Up
Books Acquired: 11
- The Gilded Wolves by Roshani Chokshi
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden
- The Winter of the Witch by Katherine Arden
- The Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty (I also received an eARC of this one)
- The Djinn Falls in Love and Other Stories by Various Authors
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- Enchantée by Gita Trelease
- The Fever King by Victoria Lee
- To Best the Boys by Mary Weber
- The Merciful Crow by Margaret Owen
- Smoke and Summons by Charlie N. Holmberg (I got this through the Amazon First Reads program)
- Blood Heir by Amélie Wen Zhao (I just found out last night that this book is being pulled from publication at the current time so I won’t be counting it towards my stats for the month)
Books Read: 6 + 3 in progress
- Kingdom of Copper by S.A. Chakraborty | ALL THE STARS! Read my review here
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner | 3 Stars! Read my review here
- Shadow of the Fox by Julie Kagawa | 4.25 Stars! Read my review here
- Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller | 1.5 Stars! Read my review here
- The Armored Saint by Myke Cole | 4.5 Stars! Read my review here
- (Audio Reread) Gemina by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff | 4.5 stars for the story, 5 stars for the audiobook performance (review for book is here, I’m actually working on a separate review of the audiobooks because holy hell are they good!)
- In Progress – Enchantée by Gita Trelease | I am enjoying this book so damn much. Good chance this will be a 4.5 or 5 star read for me. As I said to Sabreena over at Books and Prosecco: The writing is so decadent, and it literally makes me want to drink champagne while I read.
- In Progress – (Audio Reread) Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. Since this is a reread I can still hold true to my 4 star rating of the book. I am confident in saying that I’ll be giving the audiobook performance a 5 star for this one as well.
- In Progress – (Audio Reread) The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. I’m doing this as a buddy read with my Sanderson Sisters. Two of them haven’t read this one before and one has. Really, I can consider myself as having not read it either because with the exception of a few random moments (and one BIG MOMENT from the end), I don’t remember much at all.
So, I’ve read six books and am in the process of finishing 3 more. Darn, I was hoping to read more than I acquired this month. Oh well, at least it’s not a huge gap in numbers. I wonder how I’ll do next month since it is a short one…
My original plan for February was to read only books with tragic love stories. But then ARCs happened and I have a few that I need to get read and review ASAP. So, I have some heart breakers and some ARCs (which may also be heartbreakers *crosses fingers*)…and some books to finish from last month…
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer (buddy read with Sabreena at Books and Prosecco)
- Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury (ARC)
- Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta & Cori McCarthy (ARC)
- The Fever King by Victoria Lee (ARC)
- Finish Obsidio audio reread
- Finish Enchantée
- Finish The Hero of Ages audio reread
So, that’s the plan. I am pretty notorious for never sticking to a strict TBR, but I think I might be able to do it this month. GO TEAM TBR!
How did y’all do this month?