Okay, yeah, I know…we are a bit past the mid year point now, but that doesn’t mean I’m not FREAKING THE HECK OUT about all the books I’m buying and not reading and OMG AM I GOING TO MEET MY GOODREADS GOAL?!?
But let’s not thing of all that now! Let us think on better things…like all the awesome books I’ve read so far!
FYI: All links below lead to my reviews of the books discussed.
1. Best Book You’ve Read So Far in 2019? Either Scythe by Neal Schusterman or Skyward by Brandon Sanderson. Scythe was a huge surprise to me and Skyward was typical Sanderson snark and world building in a setting I’ve never seen him do.
2. Best Sequel You’ve Read So Far in 2019? Darkdawn or DEV1AT3 by Jay Kristoff. Both are so quintessentially Kristoff and I love them.
3. New Release You Haven’t Read Yet, But Want To? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA…SO MANY! But right now, Spin the Dawn by Elizabeth Lim or A Curse So Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
4. Most Anticipated Release For Second Half of 2019? Queen of Nothing by Holly Black and Dark Age by Pierce Brown. Also, Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff so I can TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT IT!
5. Biggest Disappointment? Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller. It was touted as GIRL POWER, but I found it incredibly lacking.
6. Biggest Surprise? Scythe by Neal Shusterman. That book had been sitting on my book shelves for aaaaaaaaaaages! Thanks to a dear friend, I decided to pick it up and my mind was totally blown away. I cannot WAIT for The Toll!
7. New Favourite Author? Katharyn Blair (The Beckoning Shadow) and Renée Ahdieh (The Beautiful)
8. Newest Fictional Crush? Waxillium Ladrian (Mistborn Era 2). Okay, technically, I had this book crush before, but I’m doing a reread of the series right now with my Sanderson Sisters and I AM SWOONING!
9. Newest Favourite Character? Yumeko and Tatsumi from the Shadow of the Fox series by Julie Kagawa
10. Book That Made You Cry? Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. Yes, it was a reread. Yes, I knew how it ended. Yes, I still sobbed. HARD.
11. Book That Made You Happy? Aurora Rising by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff. I can’t help it: I love these authors when they take me to space.
12. Favourite Book To Movie Adaptation You Saw This Year? I honestly can’t think of one…I rewatched The Martain a few times and I love that adaptation, so let’s go with that.
13. Favourite Review You’ve Written This Year? My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand, Jodi Meadows, Brodi Ashton. This had been a DNF for me last year, but I gave it another shot via audiobook and ended up really enjoying it. I also loved doing my review for These Witches Don’t Burn by Isabel Sterling for the Penguin Teen Summer Lovin’ Blog Campagin. I did some aesthetics for the book and I kinda want to start doing that more.
14. Most Beautiful Book You Bought So Far This Year? The Binding by Bridget Collins
15. What Books Do You Need To Read By The End of The Year? ALL OF THEM! But specifically The Lunar Chronicles (Marissa Meyer) and The Raven Cycle (Maggie Stiefvater) AND The Seven Realms (Cinda Williams Chima).
I’m not going to tag anyone, cause let’s face it, I’m being a total slacker by doing this tag so long after the halfway mark of the year. But if you are a slacker like me, consider yourself tagged!
Happy Sunday, my book people! I hope your day is fantastic and full of reading!